Pages

Foodie Blogroll

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Easy Entertaining

This hummus is perfect for serving at dinner parties although it's so amazing you might want to save it for yourself! Actually, I did eat the whole bowl for dinner :) As usual, this recipe is from Hungry Girl (I guess I need to expand my recipe collection huh?) The great thing about this recipe is that it tastes even better when made ahead of time. You can serve it with gluten free bread/ pita or a variety of vegetables (carrots, cauliflower,etc) Enjoy!

High and Mighty Hummus
Gluten free * Vegetarian
Makes 1 cup




1 7 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
1/8 cup vegetable broth
1/8 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
3 sprigs fresh parsley

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor ( I just used a small one). Pulse until desired consistency is reached (I like mine a little chunky).

2.  Refrigerate for a few hours for best results.

Nutrition Information-- Approximately 56 calories (per 1/4 cup)

No comments:

Post a Comment