This recipe was inspired by a dish I saw Giada DeLaurentiis make on a vegetarian themed episode of her show. I switched out the spaghetti for spaghetti squash (which makes it even creamier!) and lightened up the cream sauce with the help of Laughing Cow. It's packed with vegetables which make the serving size huge but it's so scrumptious you will still want to scrape the bowl clean!
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Vegetable Cream Sauce
Makes 1 Large Serving
1 small spaghetti squash
4 oz Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (about 5-6)
4 oz mushrooms, chopped (about 8-10)
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 mozzarella, sundried tomato, and basil light Laughing Cow wedges, cut into small pieces
1/8 cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (check for gluten)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Carefully cut spahgetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Season with salt and pepper and place cut side down on baking sheet.
3. Roast squash for forty five to fifty minutes or until tender.
4. Meanwhile to make the sauce, heat a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft (6-8 minutes).
5. Add the Laughing Cow cheese, vegetable broth, and lemon juice. Bring sauce to a summer and stir until a creamy sauce is formed (about 2 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a medium sized bowl. Toss "noodles" with mozzarella cheese. Pour sauce over noodles.
Nutrition Information--approximately 250 calories per serving