It's been about a year since I had to give up gluten and lately I've really been missing bread! Thankfully, I have realized that making gluten-free bread is quite possible and often quite easy. This HG-modified recipe will satisfy anyone's bread cravings and you won't even miss the evil gluten. For a superb breakfast, try topping a slice with cinnamon-sugar, whipped cream, and maple syrup. Delizioso!
Makes 1 loaf
1.5 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup Truvia sweetener
1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
2.25 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup dried unsweetened apricots, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, Truvia, brown sugar, baking powder, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger) and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, egg, and vanilla (wet ingredients).
4. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just blended. Sprinkle in apricots (be sure they don't all stick together).
5. Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 48 minutes or until top is firm to touch. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition information-- approximately 143 calories per serving (1/8 of loaf)