Pomegranate Glazed Mahi Mahi
1/2 cup POM juice
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. Dijon
2 tsp. lime juice
1 lb. mahi-mahi filets
1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds),
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a small saucepan and, bring to a boil over medium-high heat while stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and let marinade reduce for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove saucepan from heat and let marinade cool and thicken for 10 minutes.
3. Spray a casserole dish (large enough to hold the fish) with nonstick spray. Season mahi with salt and pepper on both sides, then place in casserole dish.
4. Once the marinade is cool, pour over mahi, ensuring that it is coated on all sides. Let marinade for about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Transfer fish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fish is nearly cooked through. Baste fish with sauce every 10 minutes.
7. Remove mahi from oven and turn on broiler. Top each piece of fish of 1/4 cup of pomegranate arils and baste with additional sauce. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked to desired doneness.
Nutrition Information--approximately 225 calories per serving