Mini Banana Pancakes are once again a Hungry Girl recipe that was converted to gluten-free. The pancakes turned out to be absolutely delicious. Not to mention, if you're like me and don't like to do a lot of prep in the morning, you can do most of the work ahead of time. I simply prepared steps 1 and 2 the night before and stored them in the fridge separately. The next morning I just stirred the two bowls of ingredients together and poured into the pan! Of course, you could make the pancakes completely ahead of time and reheat them but there is something special about pancakes hot off the griddle!
Mini Banana Pancakes
Makes 1 serving
1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (such as Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
1/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about half a bananas worth)
3 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
1 tbsp. Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or you could substitute skim milk)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet Truvia
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients flour, baking powder, Truvia, salt, and cinnamon) until combined.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine banana and wet ingredients (egg substitute, milk, and vanilla) until mixed well.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
4. Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray o medium heat. Drop batter by the tablespoon into pan( you will have 8 pancakes total, you may need to do two batches). Once pancakes begin to look solid and bubble after about 2 minutes, gently flip. Cook for an additional minute until both sides are lightly browned.
5. Plate pancakes and top with desired toppings (syrup, whipped cream, fresh bananas, etc)
Nutrition information-- aprtoximayely 185 calories, 1g fat, 9.5g protein, 37g carbs