These mini chicken bites taste even better than what you might find at the drive-thru. The always useful Chex crumbs provide a golden, crispy coating without having to resort to frying. Finishing the chicken bites with a coating of hot sauce creates the perfect sticky and spicy glaze.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
Makes 1 Serving
5oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks (about 8)
1/2 cup corn chex cereal
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne (or more if you want chicken to be spicier)
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
2 tbsp promise butter spread
2 tbsp Frank's buffalo hot sauce
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line small baking sheet with aluminum foil and spritz with nonstick spray
2. Place chex in a small food processor along with garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Grind to a breadcrumb like consistency.
3. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl and place chex crumbs in a separate shallow bow. Dip a chicken piece in egg liquid, then coat in crumbs. Place gently on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces.
4. Spray tops of chicken lightly with nonstick spray and place in oven. Bake for egiht minutes then remove pan from oven but leave on. Carefully flip pieces and then spray with nonstick spray. Return to oven and bake for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. While chicken is cooking, place butter spread in a small dish and microwave for 15 seconds. Whisk in hot sauce.
6. Once chicken is cooked, toss chicken pieces in hot sauce mixture.
Nutrition Information--approximately 250 calories per serving