Pages

Foodie Blogroll

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Ideal Lunch

This sandwich may sound pretty strange but I promise it's spectacular. I was inspired by a recipe from Bethanny Frankel and I spent a long time altering it until I finally found the right mix of ingredients. Now  that I have it perfected, I eat it as often as possible. Not to mention, it's super simple so there is really no excuse not to make it. Try this sandwich as soon as possible!

The Ultimate Tofu Sandwich

three oz firm tofu (check for gluten; I prefer the kind by Mori-Nu)
one tsp dijon mustard 
one tsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Spike Seasoning (or salt and pepper)
sprinkle of cayenne (depending on your preferred level of heat)
two tbsp textured vegetable protein (such as Bob's Red Mill, many grocery stores have it near the rice or you can find it on amazon)
zero calorie butter spray
two slices light gluten free bread (like the kind by ener-g)

1. Use paper towels to dry the tofu as thoroughly as possible then place in a small bowl. Use a fork to crumble tofu into tiny pieces.

2. Add mustard, parmesan, Spike, cayenne, and textured vegetable protein to tofu. Stir until thoroughly combined (using the back side of the spoon helps)

3. Toast bread and then spritz with butter spray.

4. Scoop tofu mixture onto bread. ( I divide it evenly between the two slices and eat as an open faced sandwich) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment