This dish is embarrassingly easy (there's pretty much three ingredients) but it's one of my all time favorites so I had to post it. It utilizes Miracle Noodles which are the gluten free chef's best friend. The noodles are easy to prepare(can you say microwave??), tasty, and gluten-free. Did I mention they have zero calories?? You can find the noodles on Amazon or in health food stores (There are also shirataki noodles that are similar in nature but I prefer the flavor of Miracle Noodles). It's worth finding them to create this cheesy and creamy creation!
Creamy Squash Noodles
Makes 1 Serving
1 cup cubed butternut squash
1 Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese wedge
1 package Miracle Noodles
1/2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick stick olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
2. Roast squash for about 25 minutes (or until tender), stirring halfway through.
3. Drain and rinse noodles in a strainer than pat dry with a paper towel. Place noodles in a small microwave safe bowl and use kitchen shears to cut noodles into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper and then microwave noodles for one minute. Remove bowl from microwave and set aside.
4. Place cheese wedge in a small dish and microwave for 15 seconds than break into small pieces
5. Add cheese and squash to noodles and stir. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir until noodles get coated in cheese and squash is evenly distributed.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Nutrition information-- approximately 105 calories