Is this recipe a little strange? Perhaps but Double Decker Breakfast Pizza is also quite delicious. In this dish, a corn tortilla creates a perfect crispy crust for a variety of breakfast toppings ranging from pumpkin to egg. This recipe is so yummy and simple, it will become your go-to breakfast any day of the week.
Double Decker Breakfast Pizza
1 (6inch) corn tortilla, check for gluten
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1/2 tsp Truvia, divided
1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 tbsp sugar free pancake syrup, divided
1 tbsp gluten free oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Place tortilla on baking sheet and bake until slightly crispy, 5-6 minutes. Remove tortilla from oven but leave oven on at 350 degrees.
3. Meanwhile, spray a cereal bowl with nonstick spray and pour in egg substitute. Season with a 1/4 tsp each of Truvia and cinnamon then microwave egg until fully cooked and firm, 60-90 seconds. Remove from microwave and set aside.
4. Once tortilla is crisp, spread pumpkin evenly on tortilla, leaving a small border around the edges. Spread one tbsp of pancake syrup on top of pumpkin.
5. Place egg patty on top of maple syrup, then spread remaining 1 tbsp of syrup on egg. To finish, evenly sprinkle oats, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, and a 1/4 tsp of Truvia on top of pizza.
6. Return pizza to oven and bake until crisp and heated through, 5-6 minutes. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into 4 wedges and enjoy.
Nutrition Information--approximately 135 calories