This delicious chicken recipe from Health magazine is the perfect for enjoying the summer weather and doing some outdoor grilling. In this dish chicken is elevated to the next level thanks to a delectable pomegranate and blackberry glaze. Even people who aren't fans of chicken will love this tasty recipe.
Pomegranate Glazed Chicken with Blackberries
1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
1 tbsp molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
4 (6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pint blackberries
1. In a medium saucepan, bring first six ingredients (through crushed red pepper) to a slow boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and let sauce simmer until reduced by half and slightly syrupy, 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. While the syrup is reducing, spray your grill (or grill pan) with nonstick spray and preheat to medium high.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 7-10 minutes per side, depending on the size of the chicken.
5. Once sauce is reduced, remove two tbsp and place in a small dish. (Turn off heat and leave remaining sauce on the stove). Use a pastry brush to glaze chicken with the two tbsp of sauce during last few minutes of grilling.
6. Stir blackberries into remaining sauce on the stove.
7. Plate grilled chicken and top with pomegranate sauce and blackberries.
Nutrition Information-- approximately 322 calories per serving