This is a simple french toast recipe from Hungry Girl that you can use as a base for a nearly endless number of variations. From sweet and savory to stuffings and toppings, you can vary and add to the recipe as much as you wish. Of course, the french toast is also amazing prepared exactly as written!
Cinnamon French Toast
1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
3 slices light gluten free sandwich bread
1 packet of Truvia
3 tbsp. sugar free pancake syrup
1. Combine egg beaters with vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon in a small bowl (use one that is large enough to fit a bread slice). Whisk until mixed well.
2. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium.
3. Coat each bread slice with the egg mixture on both sides and transfer to hot skillet.
4. Cook toast until golden brown on bottom, 2-3 minutes.
5. Flip toast and continue cooking until golden on both sides, 1-2 minutes more.
6. Plate French toast and top with remaining cinnamon and sprinkle with Truvia. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
Nutrition Information-- approximately 190 calories per serving