The Jamarama sandwich is a twist on the Jamarama egg mug by Hungry Girl. The surprisingly delicious sandwich is a unique mix of sweet, salty, and savory flavors. It's like all your favorite breakfast items from cereal to toast to eggs all combined into one distinctive sandwich.
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1/2 of a wedge Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese, room temperature
1 tbsp sugar free strawberry jam
2 tbsp corn chex, slightly crushed
2 slices light gluten free sandwich bread
1. Spray a cereal bowl with nonstick spray. Pour in egg substitute and season with a dash of salt.
2. Microwave egg for 1 minute or until it forms a solid patty. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix together cheese and jam in a shallow dish. Cover and microwave 10-15 seconds, or until heated through. Stir until uniformly combined.
4. Lightly toast bread in toaster (designated gluten free, of course).
5. Lay bread on a clean work surface. Spread jam/cheese mixture evenly onto each slice. Top one bread slice with egg (depending on the size of the bowl used to cook the egg, you may need to cut it to fit the bread).
6. Press chex on top of the egg and finish sandwich with remaining bread slice, jam side facing in. Cut sandwich in half diagonally and enjoy.
Nutrition Information--approximately 175 calories per sandwich