Take advantage of the fresh summer produce and whip up some amazing Corn & Basil Fritters from Eating Well. Bursting with the quintessential summer favors of corn and basil, these cakes are crispy, slightly sweet, and completely delicious. Furthermore, the batter takes less than five minutes to stir together.
Corn & Basil Fritters
2 tbsp gluten free flour mix or gluten free all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp canola oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup fresh corn (about 1 ear)
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, milk egg substitute, oil, salt and pepper until a smooth batter is formed.
2. Stir in corn and basil until evenly incorporated.
3. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium high.
4. Scoop batter into pan to form three cakes. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
5. Gently flip fritters and cook until golden on both sides, 1-2 minutes more.
6. Transfer fritters to a plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 149 calories per serving