Open Faced Tuna Melt is a variation on the classic sandwich that tastes just as great but is a lot healthier. The recipe, inspired by Hungry Girl, is the perfect solution for those times when you need a meal that is quick but also satisfying. The dry broccoli slaw adds the perfect crunch without the extra hassle of having to cut vegetables. You can find broccoli slaw in the refrigerated produce section of most supermarkets.
Open Faced Tuna Melt
2 slices light gluten free sandwich bread
1 (2.5 oz) pouch of tuna, flaked with a fork
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup dry broccoli slaw, roughly chopped
Squirt of lemon juice
Dash of chili flakes
Hot sauce, to taste
A few sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 slices fat free cheddar cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Lightly toast bread and place on baking sheet.
3. Stir together all remaining ingredients, except for the cheese slices, in a small bowl. Mix well.
4. Scoop tuna mixture onto bread and top each with a slice of cheese.
5. Place sandwich under broiler and broil 1-3 minutes, or until cheese melts and sandwich is heated through.
Nutrition Information--approximately 245 calories per serving