Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes are a slight variation on Autumn Splendor bread*. This version which transforms the bread into cute cupcakes, is completely dairy free and soy free, in addition to being gluten free. The cupcakes are incredibly moist and flavorful and they taste phenomenal even without any toppings. No one will guess that these amazing treats are gluten free.
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 cup Spicy Sweet Potato flour mix*
3/4 cup Truvia sweetner
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1 cup carrots, shredded
2 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
dash of cloves
Optional Toppings--cream cheese frosting, vanilla icing, or whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a a 12 muffin tin with cupcake wrappers and set aside.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin (an ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup works well).
4. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until cupcake tops feel firm and cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cupcakes cool completely on cooling rack prior to frosting.
Nutrition Information--approximately 70 calories per cupcake (not including frosting)
*Link to Autumn Splendor bread--http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-into-flavor.html
Link to gluten free flour mix-- http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2012/02/flour-power.html