Sometimes you just want something simple and delicious and this recipe certainly fits that description. Fresh vegetables are marinaded and grilled than layer into a wonderful wrap creation.
Jam Packed Veggie Wrap
1 gluten-free wrap or tortilla*
1 portabella mushroom
1 (1/2 inch) eggplant slice (peel eggplant and cut lengthwise)
1/2 small zucchini, cut into lengthwise slices
salt and pepper
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke, check for gluten (can usually be found in major grocery stores near BBQ sauce)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour into gallon sized ziploc bag. Add vegetables (portabello, eggplant, zucchini). Seal bag and turn to coat vegetables. Place in fridge and marinade for a 1/2 hour to an hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill pan to medium high heat.
3. Spray with nonstick spray.
4. Remove vegetables from marinade (save marinade liquid) and place on grill. Grill for five minutes, or until grill marks appear.
5. Carefully flip with tongs and grill for about 5 minutes more, or until grill marks appear and vegetables are slightly softened.
6. While vegetables are grilling, pour marinade into a small pot. Bring to boil, stirring often. Reduce to simmer, and let liquid simmer and thicken until ready to use (this will be your sauce for the wrap). Stir occasionally.
7. Carefully layer grilled vegetables onto flatbread (or tortilla). Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle sauce over vegetables. Garnish with fresh basil. Wrap up and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 200 calories per serving
* Try to find a tortilla or flatbread with about 100 calories. If you want to make a easy homemade flat bread try this recipe--