This scrumptious shrimp dish is unbelievably easy to throw together yet very complex in taste. With a combination of ingredients like tomatoes, shrimp, and feta, it is impossible for this recipe from Ellie Krieger not to be amazing. Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta is perfect on it's own or served over brown rice.
Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta
1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, not drained
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely minced
1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
salt and pepper, to taste
1.5 oz. fat free feta cheese (about 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet. Coat with nonstick spray, then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the parsley and shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta evenly over the top.
5. Transfer pan to oven and bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese melts, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Information--approximately 160 calories per serving (1/2 of the recipe)