The Mediterranean Tilapia Sandwich is like an elegant upgrade to the common tuna sandwich. Tender tilapia is flaked and then combined with a flavor packed yogurt and herb mixture. The taste is much more sophisticated than the average sandwich yet amazingly it requires very little effort. This ingenious sandwich is a variation of a recipe from Giada DiLaurentiis' new cookbook.
Mediterranean Tilapia Sandwich
1 (4 oz) tilapia filet
1 gluten free hamburger roll (or 2 slices gluten free sandwich bread), toasted
1 tbsp. nonfat Greek yogurt
2 sundried tomato halves, reconstituted and chopped
1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. capers, drained and mashed with a fork
1/4 of a lemon, zested
1/2 cup packed arugula
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray and add tilapia to dish. Spray tilapia with nonstick spray. and season with a pinch of salt and pepper
3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and the the fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, sundried tomatoes, basil, parsley, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
5. Add fish to yogurt mixture, flaking and mixing with a fork. Mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
6. Spoon onto bottom half of bun and top with arugula. Add top half of bun and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 210 calories per sandwich