Makes 4 Croquettes (2 servings)
2 slices light gluten free sandwich bread, toasted
1 (5oz) can salmon, drained
2 tbsp+ 2 tsp liquid egg substitute
3/4 tsp chives
2 tbsp + 2 tsp canned water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
3/4 tsp dried parsley
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 recipe Ginger sesame dipping sauce (recipe below)
1. Tear bread into pieces and place in a small food processor. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. Use a fork to flake salmon into a small bowl. Add the egg substitute and mix well.
3. Stir in chives, water chestnuts, parsley, black pepper, and homemade bread crumbs. Mix well.
4. Preheat broiler to 425 degrees. Spray a slotted broiler pan with nonstick spray.
5. Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal sections. Form each section into a flat patty and place on broiler pan.
6. Broil croquettes until golden and crispy on the outside, 8-10 minutes.
7. Serve croquettes with ginger-sesame sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Information-- 153 calories per serving ( 2 croquettes & 1/2 of the dipping sauce)
Ginger Sesame Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1.5 tsp gluten free soy sauce
Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Nutrition Information--28 calories per serving (1/2 of the recipe)