Quinoa & Lentil Swiss Chard Rolls
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp chili flakes, divided
4-5 large rainbow Swiss chard leaves
1/2 cup canned lentils, rinsed and drained
2/3 cup cooked quinoa
2 wedges light Swiss Laughing Cow cheese
1 packed cup baby spinach, chopped
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp chili flakes until combined. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Trim the thick stems off the bottom of the Swiss chard leaves and carefully cut each leaf in half.
4. Place the Swiss chard in the boiling water and cook for twenty seconds. Remove the leaves and rinse under cold water. Dry thoroughly with paper towels and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together lentils, quinoa, Laughing Cow, spinach, nutritional yeast, basil, garlic powder, olive oil, and balsamic. Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon 1/2 cup of the seasoned crushed tomatoes onto the bottom of the baking dish.
7. Lay 8 Swiss chard pieces( if you have extra just choose the best ones) flat on a work surface. Place a scoop of the quinoa mixture onto the bottom of each leaf. Roll each one up tightly like a burrito and place seam side down in baking dish, nestling the rolls close together. Spread remaining 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes on top.
8. Transfer dish to oven and bake rolls until heated through , 20-24 minutes.
Nutrition Information- approximately 240 calories per serving (1/2 the recipes)