Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups is another phenomenal recipe from Giada DiLaurentiis' new cookbook. Unusual ingredients like lemongrass bring a different but delicious flavor blend to this ground turkey dish. It is an ideal recipe to make when you are short on time since it is a cinch to cook.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups
1/3 cup lime juice (about 5 limes)
3 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
2 tbsp fish sauce (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
2 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4 inch) piece of lemongrass, minced (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 of a jalapeño pepper, minced
1.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
1 head butter or Boston lettuce, leaves separated
Salt and pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the line juice, lemon juice, fish sauce, and honey to create the dressing.
2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium. Add the lemongrass and jalapeño. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about four minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
3. Add the turkey to the pan and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are cooked through, about five minutes.
4. Add the dressing to the pan and cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, spoon the turkey mixture into the lettuce leaves. Garnish with additional basil if desired.
Nutrition Information--approximately 235 calories per serving (1/4 of the recipe)