1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup ketchup, check for gluten
2 tbsp + 2 tsp brown sugar, not packed
2 tbsp + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. hot sauce
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
Salt and Pepper
Optional--crushed red pepper flakes
1. Place all ingredients except for chicken in crock pot. Stir until mixed.
2. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper then add to crockpot. Stir mixture so that the chicken is submerged in sauce.
3. Cook on high 7-7.5 hours or on low 3-3.5 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and falls apart easily when picked up.
4. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a cutting board, leaving sauce in the crockpot. Use two forks to shred the chicken (use one fork to hold the chicken in the place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it)
5. Return chicken to crock pot and stir to coat in the sauce. Let cookuntil chicken is heated through, a few more minutes.
Nutrition Information-- approximately 150 calories per serving ( 1/2 cup)