I've made quite a few scallop recipes but this one is by far my favorite. In this dish from Cooking Light, scallops are lightly coated in breadcrumbs for the perfect golden exterior then sprinkled with a bright gremolata topping. A gremolata is just a fancy term for a mixture of fresh parsley and lemon zest (and traditionally garlic as well but I decided to omit it for this recipe).
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp Fleur de Sel or sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons gluten free breadcrumbs
1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
1. In a small dish, stir together parsley, lemon zest, Fleur de Sel, and pepper
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
3. Place breadcrumbs in large zip-top plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag and gently shake to coat scallops.
4. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden. Use a spatula to turn scallops; cook 3 minutes more or until cooked through and golden on both sides.
5. Divide scallops between 4 plates. Sprinkle each portion evenly with parsley/lemon zest mixture.
Nutrition Information--approximately 217 calories per serving