Yes I'm aware that the middle of summer isn't exactly pumpkin season but who cares? Pumpkin is versatile, tasty and one of my favorite ingredients so I'm just going to use it all year long. Prime Pumpkin Wedges are yet another example of how delicious pumpkin can be. Furthermore, they make the perfect on the go snack and can be made entirely in one bowl.
Prime Pumpkin Wedges
Makes 8 Servings
2.25 cups gluten free puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp gluten free oats
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Truvia sweetener
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp no sugar added applesauce
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure pumpkin purée
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch pie plate with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients. Mix well.
3. Pour batter into prepared pie plate and spread into an even layer.
4. Bake 26-28 minutes or until pie feels slightly firm in the center.
5. Transfer dish to cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting into 8 wedges. Store in an airtight container or wrap each piece in aluminum foil and freeze until ready to eat.
Nutrition Information-- approximately 45 calories per serving