It’s hard to beat meals that are comprised of giant roasted veggie bowls- they’re simple, satisfying, and absolutely delicious. This variation of a veggie bowl utilizes a variety of vegetables from beets to chickpeas to mushrooms to create a delightful dish packed with complimenting flavors and distinct textures. Fresh arugula and Dijon mustard dressing provide the perfect finishing touch to the vegetables.
If you’re looking for more vegetable bowls, try one of these recipes--
Spring Time Sushi Bowl
Brussels Bowl with Toasted Cauliflower Rice
Roasted Beet & Cauliflower Bowl
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/2 of a medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 of a summer squash, sliced into “half moons”
3-4 button mushrooms, quartered
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
dash of cayenne (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 (5-6 ounce) Oven Roasted Beet, peeled and cut into cubes
1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable broth (check for gluten)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
dash of crushed red pepper
1 cup arugula
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Add cauliflower florets to a small food processor and pulse until cauliflower is finely chopped and resembles bread crumbs. Spread cauliflower in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
3. Add summer squash, and mushrooms to baking sheet. Season with paprika, cumin, chili powder, rosemary, cayenne, thyme, salt, and pepper. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, then stir to coat vegetables in oil and spices.
4. Roast vegetables 15 minutes-18 minutes or until cauliflower it beginning to toast around the edges and mushrooms are just tender. Remove baking sheet from oven but leave oven on.
5. Add beets and chickpeas to baking sheet and stir to combine with other vegetables.
7. Return baking sheet to oven and continue to roast 4-5 minutes more, or until beets and chickpeas are heated through.
8. While the vegetables are finishing, prepare the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small dish.
9. Once the vegetables are roasted and the dressing is prepared, you can begin building the bowl! Place arugula on the bottom of a large bowl.
10. Scoop roasted cauliflower mixture on top and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
11. Toss to combine ingredients, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 260 calories per serving (Entire Bowl)