Bursting with flavor, Carrot Cake Muffins, are scrumptious, simple to make and of course, gluten free. Packed with fresh ingredients like ginger root and carrots, these amazing muffins are a slimmed down yet still satisfying version of carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
1 cup granulated Truvia sweetener
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute (like the kind by Egg Beaters)
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or canola oil)
2 teaspoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh carrots, grated (approximately 2 medium carrots)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
Zest & Juice from 1/2 of a medium lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, Truvia, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) until combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together wet ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce, egg, oil, molasses, and vanilla) until mixed.
4. Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are combined. Gently fold in carrots, fresh ginger, lemon zest, and lemon juice until evenly incorporated into batter.
5. Scoop muffin batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
6. Bake muffins for 28-30 minutes or until tops spring back when touched and cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
7. Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes before gently removing from pan and placing on a cooling rack. Let muffins cool completely.
8. If not serving immediately, wrap muffins individually in foil and place in a gallon sized ziploc bag or tupperware container. Store in the refrigerator for about a week or in the freezer for about a month.
Nutrition Information--approximately 70 calories per muffin