So, my title may be a bit of an exaggeration since this flatbread really takes about 10 minutes to make but I wanted to emphasize just how simple the recipe was and ten minute flatbread just didn’t have the same ring to it! Even with a few extra minutes, this flatbread really is quite simple to make and basically only has two ingredients--flour and water. All you have to do is whisk together the ingredients until combined, pour into a skillet, and voila! Super simple gluten free flatbread! The flatbread is perfect for things like soft tacos, wraps, or burritos. This recipe is just for one but you can easily make more than one at a time. I often whisk together the ingredients for one flatbread while another one is cooking in the pan.
Gluten Free Five Minute Flatbread
Makes One Flatbread
Click Here for Printable Recipe
2 tablespoons Gluten Free Flour Blend
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon dried herbs of choice (basil, thyme, parsley, etc.)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
2. Heat a dry 8 inch nonstick skillet to medium low (don’t add any oil or nonstick spray). Use a small rubber spatula to scoop batter into skillet and spread into a small circle about 6 inches in diameter, making sure there are no holes.
3. Let flatbread cook for 4 minutes, then gently run spatula around edges of flatbread and see if it loosens easily or still sticks to pan. If edges don’t pull away from pan, let flatbread cook for 1-2 minutes more.
4. Once edges pull away from pan, use a thin wide spatula to carefully flip. Let cook for 3-4 minutes more, or until slightly crisp on bottom. Flip flatbread one more time, and cook for 1 minute more or until slightly crisp and golden on both sides.
5. Use flatbread immediately, or if serving at a later time, transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Once flatbread is cool, wrap in plastic wrap, place in a ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. (If you’re making more than one flatbread, keep flatbreads on a cooling rack while you make the others so they don’t get soggy on the bottom).
6. To reheat flatbread for serving, simply wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until pliable. Scoop on desired fillings and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 60 calories per flatbread