Parmesan Asparagus Crepes make the perfect light meal on a warm day. For this easy yet elegant dish, light and airy crepes are flavored with fresh herbs prior to being filling with tasty asparagus and creamy cheese. The crepes are sprinkled with Parmesan then baked until just crisp on on the edges for a wonderful blend of textures and flavors. If you enjoy these crepes, try Dosa Indian Crepes or Cannoli Crepes.
Parmesan Asparagus Crepes
Serves One (Makes approximately 3 Crepes)
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
2 tablespoons Gluten Free Flour Mix (or your favorite gluten free flour blend)
a few fresh thyme leaves
3-4 fresh basil leaves
1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2-3 tarragon leaves
Salt & Pepper
12-14 asparagus spears, ends removed
Salt & Pepper
1 Light Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8 or 9 inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. To make the crepe batter-- add liquid egg substitute, milk, and flour to food processor. Pulse until smooth.
4. Add fresh herbs and pulse just until herbs are chopped and incorporated into batter.
5. Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium-low heat.
6. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to measure a scant 1/4 cup of the batter. Pour into preheated skillet and quickly tilt the pan to form an even coating on the bottom of the pan.
7. Cook crepe for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly set and you can slide a spatula underneath the edge. Carefully loosen the edges of crepe with the spatula then pick up with your hand and flip.
8. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, until cooked through and slightly golden on both sides, transfer crepe to a plate.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter, respraying the pan after each crepe. You should end up with 3 crepes (the 3rd crepe may be slightly smaller).
10. While the crepes, are cooking, place asparagus on a rimmed microwave safe plate and add toss with a few teaspoons of water. Microwave asparagus 40-60 seconds or until tender. Remove from microwave and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Once all of the crepes are cooked, lay them flat on a cutting board.
12. Spread about 1/3 of the cheese wedge in the center of each crepe.
13. Place 3-4 asparagus spears on the lower half of each crepe.
14. Roll up crepes, then place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
15. Sprinkle tops of crepes with parmesan cheese and place baking dish in oven.
16. Bake crepes 15-18 minutes, or until edges begin to crisp and turn golden brown.
17. Use a spatula to gently transfer crepes to a serving plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 215 calories per serving (Entire Recipe/ 3 Crepes)