Just because you're gluten free doesn't mean you should live without cornbread! Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins were adapted from a recipe posted on DailyGarnish.com, and they are simply a delight to eat. No one will even be able to tell that these cornbread muffins with a kick are gluten free. They make the perfect accompaniment to a hearty stew or chili.
Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
1 cup gluten free cornmeal
1 cup gluten free flour mix*
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
2 cups frozen corn, thawed, drained, and patted dry
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp applesauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 jalapeño, seeds/stem removed and finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12- cup muffin tin with cupcake liners (or spray with nonstick spray).
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, garlic powder, salt, and pepper). Stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients (almond milk, corn, vinegar, applesauce, olive oil, and jalapeño.). Mix thoroughly.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are evenly incorporated and combined.
4. Scoop batter evenly into muffin tins (an ice cream scoop or cookie dough dropper works well).
5. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer muffins to cooling rack and let cool prior to serving.
Nutrition Information--approximately 115 calories per muffin
* My Flour Mix--http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2012/02/flour-power.html?m=0