When you need a satisfying supper in a hurry, there's nothing better than a grilled cheese sandwich. This grilled cheese, adapted from Prevention magazine, has the added bonus of fresh tomato slices.
Grilled Cheese & Tomato
5 small tomatoes
8 slices gluten free sandwich bread
8 slices fat free cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, halved
1. Preheat grill pan (or skillet) to medium heat and spritz with olive oil spray.
2. Lightly coat 4 bread slices with olive oil spray and place oil side down on work surface.
3. Halve 1 tomato and rub tops of bread with cut side of tomato. Discard tomato.
4. Slice remaining tomatoes. Divide cheese and tomato slices among rubbed bread, starting and ending with cheese. Top with remaining bread. Lightly coat with olive oil spray.
5. Grill sandwiches, until golden brown on both sides and cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Rub tops of bread with cut side of garlic. Halve sandwiches and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information-- approximately 170 calories per sandwich