Black and Blue Pie, adapted from a Hungry Girl recipe, is the ultimate summer treat. This amazing berry dessert is just as delicious as it is beautiful and even gluten eaters will be impressed when you serve them a slice of this perfect pie.
Black and Blue Pie
1.5 cups Corn Chex
1/2 cup Cinnamon Chex
3 tbsp Truvia sweetener
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or canola oil)
2 tbsp cold water
2/3 cup Truvia sweetener
3 tbsp gluten free cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold water
Heaping 2 cups of blueberries, divided
Heaping 2 cups of blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
2. To make the crust, place corn Chex and cinnamon Chex in a blender or food processor. Blend cereal into crumbs, then transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add Truvia, applesauce, oil, and water to mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Scoop mixture into pie plate and use your hands to press dough onto bottom and sides of pie plate to form the crust.
5. Transfer crust to oven and bake 13-16 minutes, or until firm and slightly crisp.
6. Meanwhile, begin the filling by combining all ingredients except for the berries in a large pot (Truvia, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt).
7. Add water and stir until cornstarch and Truvia begin to dissolve (1-2 minutes).
8. Stir 1.5 cups of the blueberries and all of the blackberries into mixture and place pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until berries have softened and begun to burst (11-13 minutes).
9. Stir in remaining blueberries and continue cooking, 2-3 minutes, or until mixture has thickened,
10. Carefully transfer filling to prepared pie crust (fill pie to just below the crust; you may have extra filling). Let pie cool and set at room temperature, about an hour. Refrigerate until chilled, about an hour. Store any leftover pie in the fridge.
Nutrition Information--approximately 98 calories per slice (1/8 of the pie)