Today's recipe is an ingenious quiche from Hungry Girl that's bursting with Fall ingredients and flavors. The recipe creates a silky and decadent texture that is similar to a souffle but without all the hassle.Plus with all-star ingredients like Laughing Cow and pumpkin puree, how can it be anything by scrumptious?
Makes 2 Side Dish Servings
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup spinach leaves, chopped
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
3.5 oz. canned pure pumpkin
1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. chili powder
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two small ramekins with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Bring a medium skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add onion and cook,stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly browned (about 5 minutes).
3. Transfer cooked onion to a large bowl and set aside.
4. Remove skillet from heat and respray with nonstick spray. Return to medium heat and add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
5. Add spinach and cook until wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 2 more minutes.
6. Transfer mushroom/spinach mixture to the large bowl. Add cheese wedge,breaking into pieces as you add it. Mix thoroughly, until cheese has melted and is evenly distributed.
7. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl, and mix well. Evenly divide mixture between ramekins.
8. Bake in the oven until firm and lightly browned on top, 32-35 minutes.
Nutrition Information--approximately 67 calories per serving