This recipe further proves the point that anything gluten pasta can do, Miracle Noodles can do better. This Hungry Girl recipe variation is supremely satisfying and scrumptious. Baking the noodles creates a crispy crust that is full of healthy vegetables. In fact, if you are really hungry you could just eat the entire pie for under 300 calories!
Makes 4 slices (I ate two)
1 package Miracle Noodles
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, divided
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup assorted sliced vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc)
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse and drain noodles well. Pat dry with paper towels and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and dry any excess liquid from noodles. Cut noodles into spaghetti-length pieces.
3. In a round baking dish or shallow pie dish, combine noodles, egg, diced tomatoes, and 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes. Add in basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until firm.
5. Remove dish from oven and spread with remaining 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
6. Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 3-5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information--approximately 65 calories per slice