Easy as 1-2-3
If you're leery of cooking fish, you must try this recipe that is simple to make but complex in flavor. All it takes is three simple steps-- Step One- create a sweet and tangy marinade that then does double duty as a sauce. Step Two- put fish in baking dish and place in oven. Step Three- read a magazine while you wait for your fish masterpiece to cook!
BBQ Mango Tilapia
1 (4 to 5 oz) tilapia fillet
2 tbsp. diced tomatoes, drained
2 tbsp. fresh mango, diced
2 tbsp. crushed tomatoes
2 tsp. sugar-free orange marmalade
1 tbsp. ketchup (check for gluten)
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. molasses
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, marmalade, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, molassses, and garlic powder. Mix well and then stir in diced tomatoes and mango.
2. Pour sauce into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Add fish and turn to coat.
3. Place sealed in bag on a plate (to catch any drippings) and let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Spray a small/medium oven-safe baking dish with nonstick spray.
6. Add fish to baking dish and pour any extra sauce on top.
7. Bake fish for 12-15 minutes or until flaky and cooked through. Plate fish and spoon sauce on top.
Nutrition Information--approximately 200 calories per serving