These super rich and delicious chocolate muffins are pretty miraculous considering they are low-fat, gluten- free, and dairy-free. Cocoa powder and Toblerone chocolate provide a perfect chocolate flavor in these delectable treats. These muffins from Bethenny Frankel are also quite versatile- just top with your favorite frosting to transform into a chocolate-y cupcake!
Joyful Heart Muffins
Gluten Free & Dairy Free
Makes 8 Muffins
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup Truvia
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. pure almond extract
1 tsp. canola oil
3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of cayenne
5 Toblerone One-by-One chocolate pieces, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 8 cups in a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill the remaining 4 with a splash of water.
2. In a small bowl, combine applesauce, Truvia, vanilla, almond extract, and canola oil. Stir and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne.
4. Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate pieces.
5. Use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon to divide batter between 8 muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack then pop out of muffin tin with a spoon.
Nutrition Information--approximately 90 calories per muffin