My dinner tonight was a Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla from Hungry Girl. The quesadilla has all the flavors you love from a pizza wrapped in a warm and toasty tortilla. It's the perfect marriage between Italian and Mexican food! Plus, pizza and quesadillas are typically high in fat and calories but of course, this recipe is completely guilt free in all of its ooey-gooey glory!
Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla
2 tbsp. reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp. diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
dash of crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper
1/4 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium-large gluten free tortilla (the frozen tortillas seem to be the best)
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper , and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. Bring a medium-large skillet (at least the size of the tortilla) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat.
3. Add mushrooms and bell pepper to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are softened(about 4 minutes). Remove veggies and set aside.
4. Remove skillet from heat, respray and place back on stove. Bring to medium heat.
5. Spread Laughing Cow evenly on one side of tortilla. Lay tortilla flat in the skillet with cheese side up.
6. Evenly spread seasoned tomatoes over one half of the upward facing side of the tortilla (on top of the cheese).
7. Top tomatoes with veggies and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to crisp.
8. Using a spatula carefully fold the plain half of the tortilla over the filling and press down lightly to seal. Gently flip the quesadilla and cook until both sides are crispy, about 3 minutes.
9. Once tortilla is cool enough to handle, slice into wedges (kitchen scissors work work).
Nutrition Information--approximately 252 calories