Upside Down Pear Spice Bread
Makes 12 Slices
Click Here for Printable Recipe
2 teaspoons granulated Truvia
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 of a medium pear
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour or flour mix
3/4 cup granulated Truvia
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla (or plain) almond milk
2 tablespoons liquid egg subsitute
2 tablespoons Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
1.5 teaspoons canola oil
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9"x 5" loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together Truvia, lemon juice, and lemon zest for pear topping. Cut 8 thin slices from pear and toss in lemon mixture until coated. Lay pear slices, side by side, in the bottom of loaf pan (You might not need all 8 slices).
3. Finely dice the remainder of pear half and place in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
4. To prepare the bread-- in a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until combined-- flour, Truvia, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
6. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and and stir well to combine. Fold in reserved diced pear.
8. Bake bread for 30 minutes, then remove foil.
9. Continue to bake bread for 40-45 minutes more, or until top feels firm, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Place loaf pan on wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes.
11. After 20 minutes, carefully run a knife along the edge of pan to loosen bread from side of pan. Gently turn pan over onto a plate, so that pear side is now facing up.
12. Cut into slices, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 68 calories per slice