Spicy Kale & Goat Cheese Pasta is fast and flavorful dish inspired by http://jordansfamilyoffoodies.blogspot.com. For this recipe, gluten free Miracle Noodles are tossed with a creamy cheese sauce and delicious sauteed kale, then finished with tangy goat cheese. The flavors all complement each other wonderfully to create an exciting new twist on a traditional pasta dish.
Spicy Kale & Goat Cheese Pasta
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 garlic clove
2 cups kale, stems removed and chopped
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
1 package Miracle Noodles
1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese
2 tablespoons white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 oz crumbled goat cheese (about 1 tbsp.)
salt and pepper
Fresh Basil, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Add grape tomatoes to baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with basil, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat tomatoes in oil and seasonings.
3. Roast tomatoes until they begin to soften and burst slightly, 14-18 minutes.Stir tomatoes halfway through cooking. Remove tomatoes from oven and set aside until ready to use.
4. While the tomatoes are roasting, begin the kale-- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of olive over medium low heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
5. Add kale and chicken broth to skillet. Stir to mix ingredients, then cover skillet and let steam for 5-6 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender.
6. Remove lid, and season kale with chili flakes, salt, and pepper, to taste. Stir in red wine vinegar.
7. Drain Miracle Noodles in a strainer, then rinse well under cold water. Dry thoroughly with paper towels and transfer to a medium microwave safe bowl. Use kitchen shears to cut noodles into smaller pieces.
8. Microwave noodles for 1 minute, then stir and season with salt and pepper. Break cheese wedge into pieces and add to noodle bowl along with white beans. Stir to combine ingredients. Cover bowl with a paper towel, and microwave 30-40 seconds more, or until beans are heated through and cheese is slightly melted.
9. Stir noodles until cheese is evenly coating noodles
10. Transfer noodles to serving bowl, then top with sauteed kale and roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with goat cheese and finally a few sprinkles of fresh basil. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 255 calories per serving