A lot of people seem to find tofu intimidating and aren't quite sure how to prepare it so that it is tasty & delicious. Well, with this foolproof recipe, adapted from DailyGarnish.com, you'll can scrumptious tofu any time you want. Cutting the tofu may seem complicated but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple. To achieve the perfect texture and maximum flavor, the tofu cut into cubes, pan seared until crispy and then tossed in a hot buffalo sauce. Try this spicy dish on top of toasted cauliflower rice* for an amazing vegetarian meal.
Crispy Buffalo Tofu Bites
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 (12 oz) package lite tofu (like the kind by Mori-Nu)
2 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
salt and pepper
Prepping the Tofu:
1. Open tofu package and drain any excess liquid.
2. Lay tofu block on it's side and make 3 vertical cuts, so you're left with 4 equal pieces.
4. Place a few layers of paper towels over each tofu block, then place a heavy plate on top. Press tofu for about 10 minutes.
5. Cut each of the flat tofu pieces in half again, widthwise. You should end up with 8 tofu pieces.
6. Cut each of the 8 pieces into 8 small, equal cubes, leaving you with 64 tofu pieces.
Cooking the Tofu:
1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat.
2. Arrange the tofu pieces in a single layer in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook, undisturbed, until golden brown on the bottom, 5-7 minutes.
3. Using a small spatula, carefully flip tofu pieces and season the other side with salt and pepper. Let tofu cook 4-6 minutes more, or until golden on both sides.
4. Pour hot sauce into skillet, and stir gently with spatula, until tofu pieces are coated in hot sauce.
5. Divide tofu bites between 2 plates and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 75 calories per serving
*Toasted Cauliflower Rice-- http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2013/03/toasted-cauliflower-rice.html