Curried Chickpea and Zucchini Hash, adapted from an EatingWell.com recipe, is a delicious and simple one skillet meal that's perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner. In this recipe, a vegetable hash of grated cauliflower, zucchini, spinach and chickpeas provides a tasty base for cooking the egg. The addition of Indian spices, like fennel seeds and curry powder, take this egg dish from ordinary to extraordinary!
Curried Chickpea & Zucchini Hash
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/4 of a medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1 cup baby spinach
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dash of chili flakes, to taste
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chickpeas
1//2 of a medium zucchini, diced (approximately 1/2 cup once diced)
Salt & Pepper
1. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into small pieces, about the consistency of breadcrumbs.
2. Transfer cauliflower to a small mixing bowl. Add in spinach, ginger, garlic, curry powder, fennel seeds, cumin, paprika, chili flakes, and salt & pepper, to taste. Stir until ingredients are combined.
3. Add olive oil to a small nonstick skillet and heat to medium high. Add in cauliflower mixtures and press into an even layer.
4. Let cauliflower mixture cook, without stirring, until golden and crisp on the bottom, 3-4 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium low, then stir in chickpeas and zucchini.
7. Break egg in a small dish, then carefully pour into prepared well. Cover skillet, and cook until eggs are set, 4-6 minutes.
8. Use a wide spatula to transfer hash to plate without breaking egg yolk. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 247 calories per serving
**If you like the combination of chickpeas and curry seasonings, then try Creamy Curried Chickpea Stew--