Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 of a jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 cup vegetable broth, check for gluten
8 ounces acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (about 1.5 cups once diced)
1. Add oil to a small skillet and heat to medium.
2. Stir in mustard seeds , and cook, stirring constantly, until seeds start to crackle, about 1 minute,
3. Reduce heat to medium low, then add in garlic and jalapeno. Saute until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in curry powder, coriander, turmeric, and salt. Add squash and stir until squash is cooked in spices.
5. Add in vegetable broth and stir to combine ingredients. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and cook masala until squash is tender, 18-22 minutes. Stir squash every 5-6 minutes during cooking. If mixture seems dry, add a tablespoon or so of water.
6. Scoop masala on plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 150 calories per recipe