What do you do if you find yourself needing a fluffy gluten free biscuit to accompany your meal but not a lot of time to bake? Don't worry, you can just whip up a batch of these tasty, bite sized spinach biscuits. These amazing almond flour biscuits take minutes to prepare and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. I wanted this recipe to only make a small amount so you wouldn't be left with a ton of leftovers that end up being thrown out, however, you can easily double the recipe.
Makes 4 Biscuits
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of granulated Truvia
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8. tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup packed baby spinach, chopped
1 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
1.5 tsp. unsweetened orginial almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, Truvia, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
4 Add spinach to mixing bowl and stir until spinach is coated in flour mixture. Set aside.
5. In a a small dish, whisk together egg and milk until combined.
6. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
7. Shape dough into 4 small balls, and place on prepared cookie sheet. Use the back of a spoon to flatten dough balls slightly.
8. Bake biscuits for 20-22 minutes or until golden in color.
9. Transfer biscuits to cooling rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 95 calories per biscuit