I created these bars when I couldn't find a packaged snack bar to meet my unique dietary needs. Best Ever Brownie Bars taste so much like a brownie dessert that it's hard to believe how healthy they really are. Another great bonus is that the bars are actually quite filling and they make the perfect on-the-go snack. Of course, you can also top the brownie bars with whipped cream or ice cream for a satisfying dessert.
Best Ever Brownie Bars
Makes 9 Bars
1.5 cups gluten free puffed rice cereal
3/4 cup corn Chex cereal
2 tbsp. gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup Truvia sweetener
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter powder (like the kind by FitNutz)
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
3/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp. pure pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (rice cereal, corn chex, oats, Truvia, cocoa, peanut butter powder, salt, and cinnamon).
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, vanilla, and pumpkin.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is uniform and all ingredients are combined.
5. Transfer to prepared baking dish and smooth top with a spatula.
6. Bake bars for 25-27 minutes, or until center feels firm. Place pan on a cooling rack.
7. Let cool completely, then cut into 9 bars. Store bars at room temperature in an airtight container or wrap individually in foil and freeze.
Nutrition Information--approximately 50 calories per bar