This delightful rice pudding from Hungry Girl is good anytime of the day whether you want a warm breakfast treat or cold afternoon snack. In my opinion, rice is a pretty bland ingredient but this recipe adds a ton of flavor to it. The rice simmers in a milk broth to form creamy concoction that tastes like a dessert risotto. Delicious!
Breakfast Rice Pudding
1.5 cups cooked brown rice
2.5 cups unsweetened Silk PureAlmond milk
3 tbsp. Truvia sweetener
1 teaspoon cornstarch
dash of salt
2 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
1/2 tsp. Promise butter spread
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
Optional Toppings--brown sugar, maple syrup, extra cinnamon
1. In a medium saucepan, combine rice, 2 cups milk, Truvia, cornstarch, and salt. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium high. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes,stirring frequently, until thick and creamy.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg substitute, Promise, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Mix well.
4. Once the mixture in the pot is thick and creamy, add egg mixture and stir well.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture returns to a thick and creamy consistency.
6. Divide evenly between two bowls and top with any desired optional toppings.
Nutrition Information--approximately 285 calories per serving