Spinach Grilled Cheese
1/4 of a medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
4 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges
1 (packed) cup baby spinach
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash of ground nutmeg
4 slices light gluten free sandwich bread
2 tsp. light buttery spread (such as Brummel & Brown)
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Place cauliflower on baking sheet and spray with additional nonstick spray. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
3. Roast cauliflower until golden and tender, 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. While the cauliflower is roasting, begin the spinach/cheese mixture-- place cheese wedges in a microwave safe dish and microwave 8 seconds or until softened.
5. Transfer cheese wedges to bowl of food processor. Add in spinach, dijon, balsamic, garlic, powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Blend mixture until relatively smooth and blended, stopping to scrape the sides, as necessary. Taste for seasoning.
6. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium heat.
7. Lay bread slices on a flat surface and spread each slice with 1/4 of the spinach/cheese mixture.
8. Divide the roasted cauliflower between two of the bread slices then top with the remaining bread slices to form two sandwiches.
10. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 245 calories per sandwich