Baked Blueberry French Toast
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tbsp. Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Pancake Syrup*
3 tbsp. unsweetened original Almond Milk
2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 Truvia Packet
3 Slices Light Gluten Free Sandwich Bread, cut into cubes
Optional Toppings--additional pancake syrup, whipped cream, additional Truvia
1. Place blueberries in a microwave safe bowl and defrost in the microwave until mostly thawed. Set aside until ready to use (don't discard any liquid that accumulates).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small casserole dish or ramekin with nonstick spray.
3. In a small bowl, stir together pancake syrup, almond milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and Truvia until well combined.
4. Gently stir in bread cubes until they are in coated in pumpkin mixture.
5. Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle blueberries (and their juices) on top.
6. Bake French Toast 25-30 minutes, or until bread is golden and crisp, and mixture is set in the center.
7. Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Information-- Approximately 215 calories per serving (entire recipe)
* This is by far the best sugar free pancake syrup but it can be difficult to find. I normally have luck at Walmart but if you absolutely cannot find it, you can substitute other brands.