Peach-BBQ Fish Tacos is a fantastic recipe from Hungry Girl to the Max, the latest Hungry Girl cookbook, that is both easy to make and fun to eat. The filling for the tacos is made tasty tilapia that is smothered in an amazing Peach BBQ sauce. The sweet and slightly spicy sauce is highly addictive and delicious but also simple to make since it utilizes pantry items that you probably already have.
Peach-BBQ Fish Tacos
1 lb. tilapia filets
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, check for gluten
Salt & Pepper
2/3 cup canned, sliced peaches packed in juice, drained and chopped
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp + 1 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
2 tsp. molasses
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/8-1/4 tsp.crushed red repper, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Optional--any additional desired toppings such as avocado or cabbage
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until well combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Scoop out about 1/4 of the sauce in a small dish and set aside.
3. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer in prepared dish. Spoon remaining 3/4 of the BBQ sauce over the tilapia until the pieces are thoroughly covered.
4. Cover dish with aluminum foil and marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
5. Transfer casserole dish to oven and bake 15-18 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
6. A few minutes before tilapia is finished cooking, microwave tortillas until they are warm and pliable, 15-20 seconds. Arrange on a serving platter.
7. Cut tilapia into strips and arrange on a serving dish.
8. Place tortillas, tilapia, reserved sauce, and any additional toppings on table then let guests build their own tacos!
Nutrition Information--approximately 325 calories per serving