Cannellini Bean Bolognese is a quick yet filling vegetarian sauce that makes the perfect topping for gluten free noodles, polenta, or anything else you need a topping for. This tasty sauce requires very little effort or time yet tastes as if it has been simmering all day. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover beans you might have in your fridge.
Cannellini Bean Bolognese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. balsamic vineger
1 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
a few leaves fresh basil, chopped
salt & pepper
1. Spray a medium saucepan with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4.Stir in the beans, tomatoes, oregano, and 1/8 tsp salt. Bring sauce to a summer, then reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, about 15 minutes. Stir sauce occasionally.
5. Stir in the vinegar and turn off the heat. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish sauce with parmesan and fresh basil prior to serving.
Nutrition Information--approximately 130 calories per serving (entire recipe)
* This recipe was based on the Herbed Tofu Marinara I posted a few months ago. If you like this recipe, then you definitely need to try the tofu variation.