Cheesy Pumpkin Quesadillas were created as a way to use up leftover corn tortillas, in addition to using my all time favorite ingredient- pumpkin. It seemed like it would be a tasty and quick dinner but I never expected the quesadillas to be so amazing. The recipe may look deceivingly simple but sometimes the easiest recipes create the best dishes which is certainly the case here. Trust me, you need to try these quesadillas. They're perfectly crisp on the outside with a slightly spicy and gooey pumpkin filling. It's the perfect autumn meal!
Cheesy Pumpkin Quesadillas
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp. paprika
dash of hot sauce, to taste
salt and pepper
2 (six inch) corn tortillas, check for gluten
1 light mozzarella string cheese, torn into small pieces
1. In a small bowl stir together Laughing Cow, pumpkin, paprika, hot sauce, salt and pepper, until well combined.
2. Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium low.
3. Lay tortillas flat on a clean, dry surface. Spread half of the pumpkin mixture onto the left side of one tortilla, leaving a small border around the edge. Sprinkle pumpkin evenly with half of the string cheese. Fold right side of the tortilla over filling, forming a quesadilla. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling so you have two quesadillas.
4. Place tortillas in skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, or until golden and toasty on the bottom. Use a spatula to gently flip the tortillas, and continue to cook, 3-4 minutes or until golden on all sides and filling is heated through.
5. Cut each quesadilla in half to form two wedges and enjoy.
Nutrition Information--approximately 215 calories per serving (entire recipe)