Are you craving tacos for dinner? Thanks to this fast and flavorful recipe adapted from Cooking Light, any night can be transformed into taco night. In this dish, shrimp gets coated in a flavorful spice rub before being topped with a unique salsa, and wrapped in warm tortillas.
Shrimp Tacos with Green Apple Salsa
Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, check for gluten
1 recipe Green Apple Salsa*
Optional--hot sauce for topping
1. Combine cumin, paprika, red pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Rub shrimp on all sides with spice mixture.
2. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Place dry tortillas in skillet, one at a time, and cook until pliable and heated through, 20-30 seconds per side.
5. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Spoon salsa evenly on top of shrimp.
Nutrition Information: approximately 210 calories per serving (2 tacos)
*Green Apple Salsa--http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2012/09/green-apple-salsa.html?m=1